Below is a video from the presentation of “Towards a Christian Perspective of Mental Illness (Follow Up Panel Discussion).” For the various counseling options available from this material visit www.summitrdu.com/counseling.
The complementing studies “Overcoming Depression-Anxiety: A Responsibility Paradigm” and “Overcoming Depression-Anxiety: A Suffering Paradigm” are also available in a video format at these links.
For the biographical information on each participant on this panel, please click here.
Christian Perspective on Mental Illness Part 2 Panel Discussion from The Sam James Institute on Vimeo.
One of the final questions in this panel discussion involved the panelists recommending books. Below is a list of the books they recommended and a few they wished later they had added to the list.
- The Wounded Healer by Henri Nouwen
- Addiction & Virtue by Kent Dunnington
- Saving Normal by Allen Frances
- Blame it on the Brain? by Ed Welch
- Instruments in the Redeemer’s Hand by Paul Tripp
- How People Change by Paul Tripp and Tim Lane
- On the Threshold of Hope by Diane Langberg
- The Wounded Heart by Dan Allender
- How To Really Love Your Child by Ross Campbell
- Wished Recommended (added by panelist latter)
- The Anatomy of the Soul by Curt Thompso
- In His Image and Fearfully and Wonderfully Made by Phillip Yancey and Paul Brand
- Strong Women, Soft Hearts by Paula Rinehart
- When Kids Hurt, and Disconnected by Chap Clark
- Cutting by Steven Levenkron
- Hope, Help, and Healing for Eating Disorders by Gregory Jantz