The audio segments below were taken from the live presentation of the “Hope & Restoration After Sexual Abuse” seminar presented at The Summit Church May 23 and 25, 2013.
Listening Note: If the materials below become overwhelming for you, please feel free to stop the podcasts and come back to them later. It is good for you to have a voice in how much you can process at one time.
The notebook which accompanies this presentation is available here in PDF form: Hope & Restoration After Sexual Abuse Notes
Understanding the Disruption
The Search for Peace
- Scripture Exercise One: Psalm 55 Personalized for Sexual Abuse
- Scripture Exercise Two: Isaiah 53 Personalized for Sexual Abuse
- Scripture Exercise Three: WHO I AM IN CHRIST_KELLEMEN
The Search for Restoration
- On the Threshold of Hope by Diane Langberg
- Sexual Abuse (booklet) by Bob Kellemen
- Recovering from Child Abuse by David Powlison
- Please visit www.summitrdu.com/abuse for additional resources.
- For counseling resource through The Summit Church visit www.summitrdu.com/counseling
Correction: In the seminar, several times I reference that 40% of the population has been sexually abused. The actual number should be 20%. This was brought to my attention by someone who saw the math I was mis-computing. I added 1 in 4 women (25%) to 1 in 6 men (17%) and got 42%. However by that math 158% of people would have been abused — 3 in 4 women (75%) and 5 in 6 men (83%). I apologize for this error, which was an honest mistake by an amateur statistician.
If this post was beneficial for you, then consider reading other blogs from my “Favorite Posts on Sexual Abuse” post which address other facets of this subject.