Mental Health, Counseling, and the Local Church from North American Mission Board on Vimeo.
In this interview Ryan West with SEND North America and I discuss the following questions:
- What is the role of the local church when it comes to providing counseling?
- What does it look like for a church to be meaningfully involved in counseling when a referral is beneficial or desired?
- How would a church wanting to start a counseling ministry do to get started in a way that is liability safe?
- What is the difference between “formal counseling” and “everyday, helpful conversations”?
- What are the key concerns a church’s leadership needs to be aware of to effectively oversee a counseling ministry?
If this post was beneficial for you, then considering reading other blogs from my “Favorite Posts on Mental Illness and Medication” post which address other facets of this subject.