Below are the videos from “Taking the Journey of Grief with Hope” seminar. For the various counseling options available from this material visit www.summitrdu.com/counseling.
NOTE: Many people have asked how they can get a copy of the seminar notebook referenced in this verbal presentation. You can request a copy from Summit’s admin over counseling at firstname.lastname@example.org (please note this is an administrative account; no individual or family counsel is provided through e-mail).
PREPARE yourself physically, emotionally, and spiritually to face your suffering.
- The “Memorial Service for an Unborn Child” resource
- The “Applying the Grief Seminar to Losses Not Caused by Grief” document: Appendix B — Other Causes of Grief
- The “Small Group Care Plan for the Whole Journey” document: Appendix C — 12 Month Care Plan
ACKNOWLEDGE the specific history and realness of my suffering.
UNDERSTAND the impact of my suffering.
LEARN MY SUFFERING STORY which I used to make sense of my experience.
MOURN the wrongness of what happened and receive God’s comfort.
LEARN MY GOSPEL STORY by which God gives meaning to my experience.
IDENTIFY GOALS that allow me to combat the impact of my suffering.
- Resource: “Healthy Ways to Capture Memories“
PERSEVERE in the new life and identity to which God has called me.
STEWARD all of my life for God’s glory.
- Appendix G: Parenting Tips & Family Devotions_Grief
If this post was beneficial for you, then considering reading other blogs from my “Favorite Posts on Grief” post which address other facets of this subject.