The podcasts below were taken from the live presentation of the “Creating a Gospel-Centered Marriage: Foundations” seminar. For the various counseling options available from this material visit www.summitrdu.com/counseling.
This seminar is part of a series of “Creating a Gospel-Centered Marriage” seminars that also includes:
- Foundations — (video edition // podcast edition)
- Communication — (video edition // podcast edition)
- Finances — (video edition // podcast edition)
- Decision-Making — (video edition // podcast edition)
- Intimacy — (video edition // podcast edition)
If you are interested in the pre-marital mentoring program built around these materials, you can find everything you need at www.bradhambrick.com/gcm.Creating a Gospel-Centered Marriage: Communication (All 6 Podcasts) Click To Tweet
NOTE: Many people have asked how they can get a copy of the seminar notebook referenced in this verbal presentation. You can request a copy from Summit’s admin over counseling at firstname.lastname@example.org (please note this is an administrative account; no individual or family counsel is provided through e-mail).
Why Is Marriage Hard?
The Obvious and Not-So-Obvious Things We Rarely Discuss
Unit One Evaluation: GCM_Foundations_Eval1_Expectations
What Makes Marriage Work?
Finding the Essential Core of a Good Marriage
- Worksheet One: Sketching Our Marriage Story
- Worksheet One (Completed Sample): Marriage Story_Birth to Wedding_SAMPLE
- Worksheet Two: Marriage Story_ Present or Future
- Worksheet Three: Celebrating Our Non-Moral Differences
Beyond Pageantry and Sentimentality
How the Wedding Ceremony Helps Us Understand Covenant
- Unit Two Evaluation: GCM_Foundations_Eval2_Covenant
- Worksheet Four: Jigsaw Marriage Excercise
The Shared Job Description of Husband and Wife:
Personal Maturity, Healthy Friendships, and Functional Living
- Unit Three Evaluation: GCM_Foundations_Eval3_Character&Roles
- Worksheet Five: Job Description — Husband
- Worksheet Six: Job Description — Wife
The Unique Aspects of a Husband’s Job Description
Understanding Servant-Leader, Protector, and Provider
The Unique Aspects of a Wife’s Job Description
Highly-Competent, Well-Suited Helper-Lover
If this post was beneficial for you, then consider reading other blogs from my “Favorite Posts on Marriage” post which address other facets of this subject.