Are you curious about G4? Whether you are a new G4 participant or small group members wanting to know more about the process of change, the video below orients you to G4’s nine-step model for overcoming a suffering-based struggle; that is, a struggle emerging from factors outside of our control.
You can find the complementing overview video for G4’s nine step model for coming sin-based struggles at www.bradhambrick.com/G4sinmodel.
- Downloadable PDF Handout: G4 9 Steps for Suffering
The nine steps covered in this video are:
- STEP 1: PREPARE yourself physically, emotionally, and spiritually to face your suffering.
- STEP 2: ACKNOWLEDGE the specific history and realness of my suffering.
- STEP 3: UNDERSTAND the impact of my suffering.
- STEP 4: LEARN MY SUFFERING STORY which I use to make sense of my experience.
- STEP 5: MOURN the wrongness of what happened and receive God’s comfort.
- STEP 6: LEARN MY GOSPEL STORY by which God gives meaning to my experience.
- STEP 7: IDENTIFY GOALS that allow me to combat the impact of my suffering.
- STEP 8: PERSEVERE in the new life and identity to which God has called me.
- STEP 9: STEWARD all of my life for God’s glory.