Below are podcasts from the presentation of “False Love: Overcoming Sexual Sin from Pornography to Adultery.” For the various counseling options available from this material visit www.summitrdu.com/counseling.
- The False Love seminar is also available in podcast format.
- The complimenting study “True Betrayal: Overcoming the Betrayal of Your Spouse’s Sexual Sin” is also available in a video and podcast format.
NOTE: Many people have asked how they can get a copy of the seminar notebook referenced in this verbal presentation. You can request a copy from Summit’s admin over counseling at email@example.com (please note this is an administrative account; no individual or family counsel is provided through e-mail).
STEP 1. ADMIT I have a struggle I cannot overcome without God.
- On-Line Evaluation: Sexual Sin Evalution
- PDF Evaluation: G4 Pursuit of Purity Evaluation
- For the “Pride vs. Brokenness” appendix click here: PRIDE_DeMoss
- Blog post “How to End an Extra-Marital Relationship”
STEP 2. ACKNOWLEDGE the breadth and impact of my sin.
- For the “How to Talk to Children When Sexual Sin Affects the Family” appendix click here.
STEP 3. UNDERSTAND the origin, motive, and history of my sin.
- Resource: G4 Pursuit of Purity Journal
STEP 4. REPENT TO GOD for how my sin replaced and misrepresented Him.
STEP 5. CONFESS TO THOSE AFFECTED for harm done and seek to make amends.
- Resource: Pursuit of Purity Confession Guide
STEP 6. RESTRUCTURE MY LIFE to rely on God’s grace and Word to transform my life.
A recommendation with this step (if not sooner) is to install internet accountability software on all of your electronic devices. An excellent provider of this software is Covenant Eyes. Their ministry provides a many articles, for which I am a frequent contributor, for you continued growth and encouragement.
STEP 7. IMPLEMENT the new structure pervasively with humility and flexibility.
- Resource: Pursuit of Purity Plan Evaluation Form
STEP 8. PERSEVERE in the new life and identity to which God has called me.
STEP 9. STEWARD all of my life for God’s glory.
If this post was beneficial for you, then consider reading other blogs from my “Favorite Posts on Adultery” or “Favorite Posts on Pornography” post which address other facets of this subject.