Below is the material needed to complete the “Overcoming Anger” program at The Summit Church (Durham, NC). For the various counseling options available from this material visit www.summitrdu.com/counseling.
NOTE: Many people have asked how they can get a copy of the seminar notebook referenced in this verbal presentation. You can request a copy from Summit’s admin over counseling at email@example.com (please note this is an administrative account; no individual or family counsel is provided through e-mail).
ADMIT I have a struggle I cannot overcome without God.
- On-line, self-scoring evaluation — Overcoming Anger Evaluation
- Printable PDF version — overcoming-anger-evaluation
ACKNOWLEDGE the breadth and impact of my sin.
UNDERSTAND the origin, motive, and history of my sin.
- PDF anger journal – Overcoming Anger Journal
REPENT TO GOD for how my sin replaced and misrepresented Him.
CONFESS TO THOSE AFFECTED for harm done and seek to make amends.
- PDF anger confession guide – Confession Guide
RESTRUCTURE MY LIFE to rely on God’s grace and Word to transform my life.
- PDF life restructuring tool — Life Restructuring Plan
IMPLEMENT the new structure pervasively with humility and flexibility.
- PDF implementation evaluation – Plan Eval Form
PERSEVERE in the new life and identity to which God has called me.
STEWARD all of my life for God’s glory.
If this post was beneficial for you, then considering reading other blogs from my “Favorite Posts on Anger” post which address other facets of this subject.