The “My Favorite Posts” series on my blog is how I catalog posts I’ve written to help my readers find the material that is the best-fit for their interest or need. I hope this series creates a more user-friendly experience for my readers and allows this site to become a trusted resource hub for the church.
- A Competency-Layered Index of Church-Based Counseling Resources
- Pre-Marital Mentoring Program Based on Gospel-Centered Marriage Seminar Series
- What Changes for a Church when Counseling Becomes Formal?
- Comparing Pastoral Ethics and Counseling Ethics
- How to Find a Good Counselor in [Name of City]?
- The Therapeutic Benefit of Community
- Video: 10 Keys to Ensure Caring Is Helping
- A Church Addresses Sexual Abuse – 5 Part Series
- At the Corner of Small Groups and Counseling
- 7 Marks of Enduring Accountability Relationships
- 5 Questions I Wished My Accountability Partner Would Ask Me
- Biblical Whining
- Article: From Telling Your Story to Being Known
- 10 Reasons Your Church Might Not Want a Formal Counseling Ministry (Part One)
- 10 Reasons Your Church Might Not Want a Formal Counseling Ministry (Part Two)
- Small Group Care Plan for the Whole Journey of Grief
- Using Prayer Request Times to Cultivate Ministry
- Above Reproach, Not Unapproachable (Guest post by Katie Persinger at jdgreear.com)
- Why Your Pastor Can’t Be More Practical than You Are Honest
The six evaluations below (each 30 questions and self-scoring) are meant to be tools you can use to assess your Christian walk and understanding in each of the six key areas identified by The Gospel Wheel.
- Hub: The Gospel
- Spoke: Prayer and Bible Intake
- Spoke:Evangelism and Missions
- Spoke: Community
- Spoke: Generosity
- Spoke: Character
- Instruments in the Redeemer’s Hands by Paul Tripp
- Side by Side by Ed Welch
- Redemption by Mike Wilkerson
- Restoring the Fallen by Wilson, Friesen, and Paulson
- Equipping Counselors for Your Church by Bob Kellemen