The “My Favorite Posts” series on my blog is how I catalog posts I’ve written to help my readers find the material that is the best-fit for their interest or need. I hope this series creates a more user-friendly experience for my readers and allows this site to become a trusted resource hub for the church.
- Towards a Christian Perspective on Mental Illness – video of presentation and panel discussion
- Towards a Christian Perspective on Mental Illness – PDF article
- 6 Steps to Wise Decision Making on Psychotropic Medications
- 50 Good Mental Health Habits
- Can Someone Be Spiritually Healthy and Still Experience Mental Health Challenges?
- SBC Panel Discussion on “Mental Illness and the Mission of the Church”
- SEND North America Interview on “Mental Health, Counseling, and the Local Church”
- The Role of Language in the Stigma of Mental Illness
- Medication and Despair
- NY Times Article on Pastors’ Role in Helping Mental Illness
- Seasonal Affective Disorder, Eskimos, and Cultural Intelligence
- Blame It on the Body?
- Dr. Benjamin Mast on the Psalms and Caring for a Loved One with Alzheimer’s Disease
- On Diagnosing Mental Disorders: Interacting with a Quote from Allen Frances, M.D.
- 5 Types of Mental Health Professionals: Title, Education, and Purpose
- 18 Questions about Faith and Mental Illness
- Mass Shootings, Mental Illness, and Local Church Ministry
- 1 Minute VLOG: How Can a Pastor Help His Church Understand Mental Health Struggles?