The “My Favorite Posts” series on my blog is how I catalog posts I’ve written to help my readers find the material that is the best-fit for their interest or need. I hope this series creates a more user-friendly experience for my readers and allows this site to become a trusted resource hub for the church.
- The Streak and the False Pressure of Sanctification (my first blog post)
- What is Counseling About? Problems in Living, Meaning of Life, or Mental Health?
- Conversations with Someone Not Ready to Change: Rolling with Resistance
- Idols of Sin vs. Idols of Suffering
- Is a Sin-Predisposition a Form of Suffering?
- Putting Yourself First
- A Practical Description of the Fear of the Lord
- The Therapeutic Benefit of Community
- The Gospel for Sin, Suffering, and Identity (reflection on Psalm 103)
- “Should We Be For or Against Psychology” Conversation Continued (video segment from David Powlison)
- The Difference Between Guilt, Shame, and Regret
- Neuro-Psychology and Emotional Intelligence
- Brain Research, Biblical Counseling, and the Change Process: Habits
- Oxytocin: The Neurotransmitter of Love
- Placebos: A Case Study in Faith
- On Counseling and Comedy
- Christ-Less, Biblical Counseling
- Dietrich Bonheoffer on Psychiatry
- Simple Counsel; Complex Counseling
- Self-Awareness: A Key Difference Between Hypocrisy and a Hard Heart
- Precision Within Idolatry
- Generational Sin: Destiny or Context
- We Are Equally Sinful. We Are Not All Equally Broken or Toxic.