Below you will find three resources related to the subject of mental health and illness.
- A video from a plenary presentation “Towards a Christian Perspective on Mental Illness”
- An article that served as the outline for this presentation but contains additional information.
- A video from the panel discussion where this presentations was critiqued and expanded.
For the full article in PDF form click the link below:
For the biographical information on each participant on this panel, please click here.
One of the final questions in this panel discussion involved the panelists recommending books. Below is a list of the books they recommended and a few they wished later they had added to the list.
- The Wounded Healer by Henri Nouwen
- Addiction & Virtue by Kent Dunnington
- Saving Normal by Allen Frances
- Blame it on the Brain? by Ed Welch
- Instruments in the Redeemer’s Hand by Paul Tripp
- How People Change by Paul Tripp and Tim Lane
- On the Threshold of Hope by Diane Langberg
- The Wounded Heart by Dan Allender
- How To Really Love Your Child by Ross Campbell
- Wished Recommended (added by panelist latter)
- The Anatomy of the Soul by Curt Thompso
- In His Image and Fearfully and Wonderfully Made by Phillip Yancey and Paul Brand
- Strong Women, Soft Hearts by Paula Rinehart
- When Kids Hurt, and Disconnected by Chap Clark
- Cutting by Steven Levenkron
- Hope, Help, and Healing for Eating Disorders by Gregory Jantz
If this post was beneficial for you, then considering reading other blogs from my “Favorite Posts on Mental Illness and Medication” post which address other facets of this subject.