Below are the audio segments from “Taking the Journey of Grief with Hope” seminar. For the various counseling options available from this material visit www.summitrdu.com/counseling.
- The “Taking the Journey of Grief” seminar is also available in video format.
NOTE: Many people have asked how they can get a copy of the seminar notebook referenced in this verbal presentation. You can request a copy from Summit’s admin over counseling at firstname.lastname@example.org (please note this is an administrative account; no individual or family counsel is provided through e-mail).
PREPARE yourself physically, emotionally, and spiritually to face your suffering.
- For the “Memorial Service for an Unborn Child” resource click here
- For the “Applying the Grief Seminar to Losses Not Caused by Grief” document click here: Appendix B — Other Causes of Grief
- For the “Small Group Care Plan for the Whole Journey” document click here: Appendix C — 12 Month Care Plan
ACKNOWLEDGE the specific history and realness of my suffering.
- For the “Grief Evaluation” document click here: Grief Evaluation
- Printable PDF version of evaluation: grief-evaluation
UNDERSTAND the impact of my suffering.
LEARN MY SUFFERING STORY which I used to make sense of my experience.
MOURN the wrongness of what happened and receive God’s comfort.
LEARN MY GOSPEL STORY by which God gives meaning to my experience.
IDENTIFY GOALS that allow me to combat the impact of my suffering.
- For the “Healthy Ways to Capture Memories” document click here.
PERSEVERE in the new life and identity to which God has called me.
STEWARD all of my life for God’s glory.
- Appendix G: Parenting Tips & Family Devotions_Grief
If this post was beneficial for you, then consider reading other blogs from my “Favorite Posts on Grief” post which address other facets of this subject.