Below are presentations segments from a live event for the “Overcoming Codependency” seminar For the various counseling options available from this material visit www.summitrdu.com/counseling.
- The “Overcoming Codependency” seminar is also available in video format.
NOTE: Many people have asked how they can get a copy of the seminar notebook referenced in this verbal presentation. You can request a copy from Summit’s admin over counseling at email@example.com (please note this is an administrative account; no individual or family counsel is provided through e-mail).
PREPARE yourself physically, emotionally, and spiritually to face your suffering.
ACKNOWLEDGE the specific history and realness of my suffering.
- On-Line Evaluation: Overcoming Codependency
- PDF Printable Evaluation: codependency-assessment
- Resource: life-satisfaction-scale
UNDERSTAND the impact of my suffering.
- Resource: self-awareness-on-my-journey
LEARN MY SUFFERING STORY which I used to make sense of my experience.
MOURN the wrongness of what happened and receive God’s comfort.
LEARN MY GOSPEL STORY by which God gives meaning to my experience.
IDENTIFY GOALS that allow me to combat the impact of my suffering.
- Resource: expressions-of-kindness-chart
PERSEVERE in the new life and identity to which God has called me.
STEWARD all of my life for God’s glory.
- Blog Post: 9 Questions to Help You Steward All of Your Life for
- Appendix A: How to Develop a Safety Plan for Domestic Violence
- Appendix B: How to Conduct an Effective Intervention
- Appendix C: Emotional Clarity Article
- Accompanying Journaling Tool
If this post was beneficial for you, then consider reading other blogs from my “Favorite Posts on Codependency” post which address other facets of this subject.