The end of a year is a time when we look back and reflect before we launch into the new year. Blogs are no different. Here is a review of my top posts from 2020. Thank you for reading and I look forward to providing more content in the year ahead.
- The Pastor as Counselor: 8 TED Talk Style Lessons
- Another Kind of Diversity to Consider: Personality
- When Talking about Forgiveness: A Guide for Christian Conversations and Ministry (index to 27 posts on forgiveness)
- A Christian Marriage: What Is Not and Should Be Unique?
- What Is the Difference Between Practicing Self-Care and Being Selfish?
- How Christians Moralize Unpleasant Emotions
- Creating Effective Care Teams: A 3-Tiered Approach (a 4 part series)
- A Tribute to the Life of Jay Adams
- Blue Christmas: Facing Grief and Depression During the Holiday and Winter Season
- Small Group Study – Suffering: Not Solving a Riddle, But Navigating a Journey
I decided to quarantine my top COVID-related posts as a brief list of their own.
- Coronavirus and It’s Emotional-Relational Strain: 3 Lenses
- Talking to Your Children about Coronavirus
- Sorting Through Our COVID Anxieties
- Maintaining Positive Morale During Quarantine
While you are looking back over 2020, consider looking ahead to my “2021 Counseling Skills Webinars: Topics and Dates.” These are a great way to sharpen your pastoral care, counseling, and friendship care skills in the new year.